Painkiller or Pain relievers are medicine prescribed to be taken during mild, moderate and severe. There are different types of medicines for different pains; this pain can be of back neck, head or any other part. Consumptions of painkiller are entirely based on the prescription, as the effect of these medicines may vary from person to person.
Types of Painkiller
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS): Every day more than millions of Americans use them to soothe pains like headaches, sprains, arthritis symptoms, and other daily discomforts, as well as to lower fever and reduce swelling. This is considered to be commonly used pain killer this category of medicine include ibuprofen, diclofenac, and naproxen. Aspirin is generally taken in small quantity to keep control on blood clotting.It plays a fundamental role in making prostaglandins as this works on a chemical level, blocking the effects of special enzymes of prostaglandins. (Prostaglandins are hormones created during a chemical reaction at an injury site. They are unique among hormones because they are created at the time they are needed directly where the problem exists.) It reduces the pain and swelling by lowering down the generation level of prostaglandins.
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen) – Conditions such as a headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds, and fever can be cured up to some range by the consumption of Paracetamol. It controls body temperature and works on the brain which receives messages. Also, it can ease pain and lower a fever, the only drawback is that it won’t reduce inflammation. It does not adversely affect stomach but over eating of it can damage liver .One can know easily how it works but it is also thought to work by blocking COX enzymes in the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system).
- Narcotics: They are powerful pain-reducing medications that include oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine. (The illegal drug Heroin is also an upload.) These kind of drugs are generally advised during the high pain in cancer or any severe pain They have certain kind of limitation as it is kind of addictive and have some side-effects.it is one of the power full pain relievers.
Because of the risk factor, it should be taken by doctor prescription. It works by binding the receptors in the brain, spinal cord, and other areas of the body from sending messages to brain of pain. They can cause side effects such as drowsiness, mental fog, nausea, and constipation. They may also cause slowed breathing, which can lead to overdose death.
There are some other types of painkiller
Each works in a different way on your body. Most people only need to take painkillers for a few days or weeks or more than at most, but some people need to take them for a long time. You can buy some painkillers from pharmacies this includes some paracetamol, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and some weak uploads codeine or dihydrocodeine.
- Paracetamol belongs to a group of medicines known as, painkillers or analgesics. It is used to relieve mild to moderate pain and feel relax. It is also useful for lowering a raised temperature fever, such as during after childhood immunizations or a cold.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Examples include diclofenac, ibuprofen, and naproxen
Examples of more painkillers
Biphenylylacetic acid is a topical medicine or drugs, belonging to the family of medicines known as no steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs of the arylacetic acid, not an aryl propionic acid class, which is used to treat muscle inflammation and arthritis.
Bupropion is anti-depression drugs and smoking cessation aid. Depression caused by over thinking, unsatisfied with the current situation and including dysthymia, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, chronic pain, agitation, generalized anxiety disorder.
Butorphanol tartrate is a narcotic drug use as the pain reliever, similar to morphine used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is used as a nasal spray. Stadol is also used as part of anesthesia for surgery, or during early labor working.
CHlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxer drug that blocks pain sensations between the nerves and the brain system. Chlorzoxazone is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain recovery or injury.
Citalopram hydrobromide is a type of antidepressant drugs called a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor SSRI indicated for the treatment of depression. Celexa is available in generic form also. The efficacy of Celexa in the treatment of depression was established in 4-7 week, controlled trials of outpatients whose diagnosis corresponded most closely to the DSM-III-R and DSM-III category of major depressive disorder.
Clidinium is used along with other medications to help treat stomach/intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, bowel infections. Clidinium helps to reduce the symptoms of intestinal cramping and stomach.
Clonidine is used for lowers blood pressure by decreasing the levels of certain chemicals in your blood. clonidine hydrochloride allows your blood vessels to relax and your heart to beat more easily and slowly.
Centpropazine is a new antidepressant with minimal anticholinergic drug effects in preclinical animal models. Centpropazine has been compared with imipramine in a double-blind randomized multicentric study in the body,
This kind of medication provides reliefs from pain in head, arthritis, sore, stomach-aches, aching muscles or joints and mild osteoarthritis. Different types of pain medication to choose from and some types of pain respond better to certain treatments than others. Hence before taking any medication you should understand the root cause as every drug have their own pros and cons.